Friday, May 15, 2009

You say tomato, I say tomahto

Yesterday at lunch, some co-workers and I did an informal, fun personality analysis of ourselves. It was funny to see how different (in writing) we were from each other, and how we had similarities that we never noticed before.

I've talked with friends before about how we can be so different, yet get along so well... For example, a LOT of my friends REALLY love to scrapbook. I'd rather poke my eyes out with a fork, personally. I can't imagine spending an entire day (much less an entire weekend, as some of them love to do) cutting things out and gluing. But I enjoy looking at the final product. Maybe that's a bond we have, then. They like to do... I like to see.

Last weekend when I was shopping with Kristin, we both lay some items on the counter so we could shop a little more. When we returned to the counter, I couldn't help laughing.

Here's Kristin's pile:


And here's mine:


Here they are side-by-side. Note that we are similar enough to buy 2 of the same items for our boys, yet look at the differences.

Do you think you have more SIMILARITIES or more DIFFERENCES than your close friends? How about your family?

2 comments:

granny2five said...

I would definitely say "differences." I think most of my family would probably be appalled to think they were much like me! Your Sis and I, however, do think a lot alike sometimes.

Blessed Mama said...

I must be pretty similar to most people I spend the most time with, b/c I'm always surprised to find "big" differences. We at least share the core values. I think I'm different now than I used to be too. My pile would have looked like Kristin's at one time. Now I would celebrate getting something on the counter without any stains. :)