(image via Google Images)
I took the kids to see The Sound of Music tonight at our wonderful
big-city outdoor theater.
It was wonderful! We met my two sisters, one aunt, and one cousin and her husband.
And we sat in the FREE seats! The bottles of water, however, were $4... NOT free.
I decided to blog tonight, rather than chancing I would forget some of the things I loved about tonight...
Here are a few of my favorite things...
- Listening to Sis sing The Star Spangled Banner with the crowd before the show started
- When Bub saw the first scene in the Abbey, he told Aunt E "I didn't know this was a Christian musical!"
- During the wedding scene, when all the nuns were lined up, Sis said: "I have never in my life seen so many of them in one place before!"
- Bub sang his latest Weird Al song he's memorized to anyone and everyone... loudly. Before the show, during the intermission, and after the show
- Stephanie sang another Weird Al song back to Bub
- Did I mention the seats were free?
- Hanging with my family
- After the show, we saw a shuttle bus for a retirement home, and Sis told me to hurry or I'd miss my bus
So now the kids are asleep... hopefully dreaming about Edelweiss!