Sunday, June 28, 2009

Because I'm such an outdoorsy kind of girl...

... I thought I'd share some pictures of my outdoorsy kind of adventure I'm currently having! Well, I'm not really so outdoorsy, but I am having a GREAT time right now in the Black Hills of South Dakota!

Oh Give me a home
Where the buffalo roam...

Wait, wait!!! I've found it! I've found the place they HAVE to be talking about in the song! Check this buffalo/bison out (what's the diff, really? Are they the same? I think they are, but I'm actually not positive... all I know is that people here interchange buffalo burgers and bison burgers like they're the same). These guys were hanging out RIGHT NEXT to the highway we were driving on. Like RIGHT. NEXT. TO. No guardrails or anything separating them from us. Check this one out with the bird hanging out on his back!

And out our back window (I was too chicken to get out to take pictures at this point)... they're just crossing the street!

Once we passed the bison/buffalo, we were stunned with the gorgeous BEAUTY of South Dakota! Check this out...

We decided to try a little rock climbing on our own... Bub and Sis posing.

Bub loved loved loved climbing on all the rocks. This one isn't even in focus, but it shows him in action...

Then he got Don climbing with him.

And look, I even got up above the ground level... all for a photo opportunity!
So, while my norm may not be to be outdoorsy, I'm having a BLAST enjoying God's creation in the north!

2 comments:

Blessed Mama said...

Good for you getting out of the car. :) It looks BEAUTIFUL.

LissaLou said...

Looks like a great time!