Monday, December 29, 2008

The Spelling Bee - Christmas-Style

The kids were in a Christmas program at church. The premise was a Spelling Bee, spelling different words representing Jesus (ie. Prince of Peace, Morning Star, Mighty God, etc.). Then once the kid misspelled a word, he/she went to change into their nativity scene costume.

Sis was Beatrice Buzzby (or something like that), who thought she needed to dress like a bee to win a spelling bee. She wore all black and yellow, and her glasses were black/yellow stripes. She looked adorable.
Bub was Jeffrey Johnson, the athlete. See his letterman's jacket? It was Don's letterman's jacket from junior high... which is the middle school in our town. The jacket (and Bub) was quite the hit!
It's safe to say that my kids don't have a shy bone in their bodies! They handled themselves on stage like pros!

Here's Bub as a wise man:

And Sis as an angel:

2 comments:

Blessed Mama said...

How cute! I wish I had seen it!

Darla said...

I know! I know you had something else going that night, but I'll do a better job next year of getting the info out to everyone in plenty of time!