Friday, December 10, 2010

Cookie Baking Extravaganza Weekend

Cookie lovers, beware!  The Brown Family is attempting a cookie baking EXTRAVAGANZA weekend!  I believe I've mentioned on here that I'm not a baker... or even a cook, really... or a good housekeeper...  hmmm, I don't really like where this is going.  :)

But two years ago, we had our first family cookie baking time.  And it was fun.  At least for a while.  Then last year, I'm not sure what happened (perhaps LIFE?), but we didn't have our "fun."

This year, we're stretching it out for a full weekend.  Really, it's for our sanity, more than anything else.  So that way, if we get snippy and/or tired and/or bored, we can take a break, and get back to it later.  You know, instead of leaving some partially done cookies in the freezer for TWO YEARS.  *ahem*

So, here's what's on our agenda this weekend.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (so far, I'm planning on these, but if anyone has any tried/true recipes for this, I'm all ears!).
Sugar cut-out cookies (totally gonna cheat on these... already bought the store-made dough)
Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
Homemade Oreos
Cake poppers
Chocolate peppermint bark cookies

Pretty ambitious, huh?  I'll document our successes and failures and let you know!

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

granny2five said...

This is the best choc. chip recipe EVER:
1 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. oats (I use quick oats)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 12oz. pkg choc. chips (I use semi sweet mini-morsels)
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c.chopped nuts (which I know you won't do)

Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, mix flour, oats, salt, baking soda and powder. Add creamed mixture. Add choc. chips and nuts. Place dough shaped in balls on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 5 - 6 dozen.