Friday, May 28, 2010

A Recorder Recorded

On one of the last days of school, right before I was set to leave to take the kids to school, Sis told me that she and the rest of the 4th graders were having a recorder concert at 8:30, and did I want to come???

Ugh.

Really????

A RECORDER concert?

I mean, I haven't even been letting Sis practice her recorder in my hearing... I make her go to another floor on the opposite end of the house when she needs to practice. It's musically PAINFUL to listen to a recorder, in my opinion. So, I totally used work as an excuse politely declined to attend.

So, on the way home, both kids were ladened with all their year-end paraphernalia (dried-out markers, pencils with the erasers gone, etc.), and Sis also had her recorder with her. She nonchalantly asked me if I wanted her to play Mary Had a Little Lamb. Feeling slightly guilty for missing her "concert," I agreed. Then I turned and looked at her, and laughed the rest of the way home.

Once Don got home from work, I had her "re-create" her mini-concert for him. And I had the presence of mind to record it from Don's phone:

No comments: