Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lists

So, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit scattered naturally. Like, lists make me a little sweaty. And itchy. And uncomfortable. And constraining. (all of a sudden, lists sounds a lot like yard sales for me... weird!) Well... I think my point is made. Lists can make someone like me who likes to "fly by the seat of her pants" feel like running and hiding.

However...

I am married to someone who loves lists. Who might actually marry lists if he weren't already married, and it was legal. So, I've learned to live with lists. And sometimes appreciate lists... once Don promises me that our lists don't have to be all-inclusive and/or binding.

And...

I find nowadays that when my world seems especially chaotic (like, say, NOW?), I actually willingly MAKE lists. And use them. I have an ongoing to-do ACTIVE list going on at work. Don and I have started a family "dream" list (things we would love to do sometime as a family). I have an ongoing list of books I would like to read. See what I mean? I'm starting to maybe even embrace lists!

So, in the spirit of this turn of events, I am making a list for today. Of things that I currently like/am thinking about/make me smile. Can you people like me handle it? Don't just handle it... EMBRACE IT!

My list for 1.12.10:

1. I have been going through some old pictures. Whew! Can you say Darla had an awkward stage? Because she (I) did! And if only I was ambitious enough to get out my scanner, a lot of you might be surprised at some photos I have of you, too! :)

2. P90x... it's kicking the tar out of me! For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a crazy, intense workout. I'm actually loving the workout... it's the nutrition plan that's making me a little crabby... health eating = YUK! (not really, but it is ashamedly difficult for me!)

3. This cute little netbook that I'm blogging on. Sis saved all her Christmas money, and bought half of this and I bought the other half. It's so little. And so cute. And sometimes she lets me use it!

4. My family... with my grandfather ill, we've all spent a lot of time together. And I love my family!

5. Laughter... sometimes I laugh at things that others may not find funny, but I really, truly believe that laughter is like medicine sometimes!

6. Sunshine... it's still cold with snow on the ground here, but the sun is shining! YES!

7. My new DVD player... it's a cheapy, but it's nice not to have to eject and re-load a DVD 15 times before it will play (like our old one!)

8. Chapstick... my new best friend in the winter...

9. Along with my ugly pink UGGs. I might actually splurge on a "real" color of them because they are literally the warmest pair of shoes/boots I have ever owned

10. I feel as though I've been letting my short hair grow out forever! And I got it in a little, ugly ponytail the other night. It's a hair-growing milestone, I tell you!

I'm sure I could ramble on and on (see? I'm fulfilling my rambling INSIDE a list... who knew?), but I have to go work out my legs and backs, or whatever the p90x gurus tell me is for today!

No comments: