Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dazzling and Crowded

Let me start by saying that I've NEVER gone to a movie on opening day... never! But last Friday, I did. For Twilight. I've read all 4 books (as well as part of her unpublished manuscript that the author has on her website). The series was technically written for teenagers, but a lot of my friends have read it as well. So, a group of 11 of us went to the 4:00 p.m. movie on opening day (there was supposed to be 12 of us, but one of my friend's sisters - another friend - had a baby during the movie, so she missed it! FAR bigger deal than a movie, even THIS movie!).

Here's Kristin, Lindy and Gilly. Notice all the Twilight shirts. Kristin's says: "I'm not easily distracted. I... Hey is that guy SPARKLING?"

As crowded as our theater was, this was what we saw when we came out of the theater. These were people waiting in line (?) for the 7:00 and 7:30 shows. I talked with another adult who was at the 7:30 show, and she said that teenage girls were screaming during the movie. Now THAT would be annoying!

Now, don't get me wrong. I liked the movie. But I was REALLY excited to go out to dinner with the girls afterwards! Here's Kristin and I at the restaurant (no, I'm NOT wearing a Twilight shirt!!! And yes, my nose was bright red... I've been SICK, people!).

Here's Sonia and Christy. Funny story: I saw Sonia walk in, and recognized her from church camp when I was a teenager. Then she sat down with our group. We were both confused as to why the other was there! (She works at the school that a lot of my friends teach at or their kids go to.) It was a lot of fun catching up with her!


Amy and Kelly
Here's the whole group of us at the restaurant.
All in all, it was a great Girls Night out!

1 comment:

Blessed Mama said...

How fun! I was just thinking that that looked like Sonia. Small world. I've got to read those books. I've been overhearing conversations everywhere I go about the guy feeling people's emotions, etc. Doesn't make sense to me yet. I'm still only halfway through The Other Boleyn Girl. I'm only about a year behind...