Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yo mama

Tonight was a normal, frantic-paced school night for us. Once the kids did their homework, we ran up to the hospital to see Don's mom (who had a minor procedure done on her ankle), then had to rush back to town for Sis's martial arts lessons.

But I forgot to fit in supper. Or dinner, depending on which part of the US you're from.

So after martial arts, I ran them through the drive-thru of the golden arches. Not my favorite place. But I was starving. So I kept looking at the menu trying to find something NOT fried and without cheese (not eating dairy... Part of my new eating plan).

So I ordered for the kids, then I ordered a double cheeseburger for myself. Without the cheese.

My kids laughed. Then guffawed. Then cackled. All the way to the drive-thru window.

They said: Why did you order that?
Me: Because I can't gave dairy, remember?
Them: Mom, what you said is a Yo Mama joke!!
Me: ???
Them: Yo Mama is so stupid that she orders a double cheeseburger WITHOUT THE CHEESE!

Mom, YOU JUST DID THAT!!!

The nice, polite young man taking my money (I'm not even being sarcastic... He really was very polite and professional) piped up:

I'm really sorry, ma'am, but that really IS funny.

Hhrrmmpphh.

I guess that's what I get for letting my kids read Yo Mama jokes on my phone. And encouraging them to have senses of humor.


- Darla

2 comments:

Jessica Stiverson said...

Hilarious! I would have done the same thing! haha

Blessed Mama said...

Oh my goodness. Hilarious!