Saturday, March 20, 2010

San Antone

So, I had to go to San Antonio for a work meeting, so Don & I decided that it would be fun to make it a family vacation. We drove the looooong drive Tuesday night and all day Wednesday. Thursday I had a meeting all day. Then, when I got finished, I had 2 hours for fun before dinner with my work group. Don went for a bike ride, & the kids and I went to a Children's museum that had free admission for children just for that evening.

See the line in front of us? The line was just as long behind us! I guess we weren't the only ones who heard about the special...



The kids enjoyed all the hands-on activities. Here Bub is "driving" some sort of tractor thing-y. A Holt, maybe?


After dinner, we took a beautiful nighttime boat tour down the San Antonio River. Very fun!

Yesterday I had only a half day of meetings so we squeezed a lot in afterwards! We visited the riverwalk, the Alamo, the Guiness World Book of Records Museum, dinner/lunch, then Alice in Wonderland in IMAX 3-D.


Oh, and we moved hotels from my very nice work hotel (without a pool) to one with an indoor pool. The kids have currently been swimming for over 2 hours!


After we get cleaned up, we're headed to the art museum at Sis's request. But truly, I'm with my family, away from obligations, so no matter what we do, it's all good!

- Darla

No comments: