Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Who let the monkeys loose? Animal Kingdom in Florida

So, we were in Florida last week. We went to (mostly) Disney parks. We were with 3 other families (that's 8 adults and 9 children). Our schedule was:

Sunday - Magic Kingdom
Monday - Cocoa Beach
Tuesday - Animal Kingdom
Wednesday - Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Thursday - Hollywood Studios
Friday - Epcot

We had to download our photos from the 1st 2 days on our friend's laptop on our trip, so I don't have those photos yet, but I'll post some from the ones I DO have... just think, it's a slide show that you can choose to ignore, and no one will be the wiser!

So, the 1st day, we went to Animal Kingdom. The ride of the day was Expedition Everest, an INTENSE roller coaster that we all loved! The funniest story of the day (for me) was when a friend's little boy was holding my hand while we were walking. Here's our conversation:

K: Darla, you look beautiful today!
Me (feeling rather FINE): Thanks, buddy!
K: And your hair looks really good!
Me: Awww.... thanks!
K: I mean, it's nothing like the other day when we were in the same hotel room (our two families flew in really late one night and shared a hotel room the 1st night)... I mean, your hair looked so scary, I wasn't even sure it was you when you were sleeping!!!

Isn't that lovely???
So, here's how I started EVERY day in Florida: putting sunscreen on. Note the capri pants I had on that day... it's because the back of my knees were so sunburned from the day before that I had to wear the longest pants I brought!!!

Here are 8 of the 9 kids with us. Kid #1 (the 12 year old) didn't care to pose for all of our "kid" shots by this point in the trip!

Here's Bub and his friend, H.

Check out my lovely backpack (HEAVY) that I lugged with me everywhere we went!

There are only a handful of people in this picture that WEREN'T with our group!

This last pic has nothing to do with Animal Kingdom, but I thought it was funny. It's Bub doing his "gang sign" as we were on the train headed back to the parking lot.

So, as I get the opportunity, I'll add more postings with pics from our trip. Enjoy (or not) the show!

No comments: