Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Just call me Noah!!!

Do you ever think that it's just not worth going on vacation, because there's always something BIG that happens while you're gone??? It's become a joke at work between the union president and me that if either one of us takes time off, something HUGE happens...

Well, this was one of those times. Hurricane Ike passed right over Florida where we were without a whimper, but it apparently made its presence known in the good ol' Midwest. This was the view of my office on Sunday morning...

Here's the hallway looking in to my office (on the left).

This is kind of blurry, but here's the inside of my office. My desk was completely clean when I left. Everyone just piled files on top trying to save some of them (see my cute pink hardhat in the background?).

So, I showed up on Monday morning after my vacation all refreshed. I even dressed up that day... heels, dress pants, and a cute little sweater. While the water was gone, I came in to the aftermath MESS!!! What a nightmare! I immediately went back home to change into "yucky" clothes, and spent the next 2 days cleaning/disinfecting/reorganizing. I guess the silver lining is that I'm WAY more organized now, and I have a new desk out of the deal!!!

Isn't life fun??


2 comments:

Blessed Mama said...

Oh, yuck! Didn't expect that, huh? It would have been really nice if someone had cleaned it up for you before you got back! I guess everyone had their own mess to deal with.

LissaLou said...

Oh, that stinks, Sis! I'm glad you got a few positive things out of the whole deal, though. :o)