Friday, February 24, 2012

A weekend escape

Because I'm sure you've memorized all my previous posts, I'm POSITIVE you remember our little weekend getaway Don and I took a few years ago to the hills of Missouri just to get away (and let Don ride his bike).  But just in case you have temporarily forgotten, you can refresh your memory here.

Anyway, Don has since ridden the trail several times that JUST HAPPENS to be right next to where we stayed before.  And really likes said trail.  So, a few weekends ago, on a weekend that just happened to fall on our anniversary weekend, we left the kids with my mother-in-law, packed up the car, picked up our friends Brad and Cara, and headed back to the same town.  And the same cabin company.  But NOT the 7-bedroom Shangri-la that we had the last time.  Which actually was fine with me.  We stayed in a gorgeous/rustic 2-bedroom log cabin with an open kitchen/living room.  Just like the last time I blogged about it, you will NOT find any pictures of me in this post...  I did NOT wear makeup and I DID wear sweatpants all weekend... and it was HEAVENLY.  We turned our electronics (phones) off, because they didn't work anyway.  We watched a ton of movies, we play games, the boys rode their bikes, Cara and I took a personality/psychology test (it was more fun than it sounds... really!), and we cooked/ate a LOT!

It was such a good place to COMPLETELY unwind, relax and enjoy each other's company.  Here are some shots from the weekend.
Don making sure the bikes were ready for a ride
Our kitchen (with no dishwasher, might I add!)

The awesome fireplace that we made use of the ENTIRE WEEKEND


The closest neighbor was WAY up that hill
 
The awesome/rustic master bath

So while we girls were "home" relaxing, the boys were actually out riding

with mud all over them!
Speaking of riding, Don was just accepted to participating in the Leadville 100 mountain bike race.  Thousands of riders apply, but they only let 1,700 participate.  {insert proud wife jig}  He's been training for this for a year and a half already.  To keep up with his training/biking adventures, you can read his blog at leadville2012.blogspot.com.

No comments: