Saturday, July 25, 2009

20 year nostalgia

So, funny story... I was 17 when my parents went to my dad's 20th high school reunion. I remember when my dad came home, he was talking about a classmate of his that reminded him of me. She was a redhead living in New York, trying to make it as a stage actress. No lie... my only thought was: She's too OLD to try to make it as an actress!!!!

Now, I would like to go back an slap my 17-year-old bratty self!

So I said all that to say that while I'm NOT old, Don and I DID have our 20 year class reunion last weekend. Did I mention that we're NOT OLD????? But BOY, does that sound old! :)

So, once I had my deodorant on, I was ready to go and feeling FINE! What a fun time it was!!!

Here are some shots from the night...


Here is my all-time favorite fellow graduate... I don't often think about the fact that we graduated together, since we didn't date back then... but it IS really nice at events like this, that we don't have to entertain each other because we both know EVERYONE!


Some great high school friends...


And some more... George, on the left, and I used to have lunch together ALMOST everyday, along with Aimee (in the above picture) and Chad (who couldn't come)... fun memories of lots and lots of T*co Bell!!


One of my longest friendships... Jeffrey's dad and my dad worked together, so I knew him YEARS before I even moved to the same town as him! I realize we look really sad to see each other, but we were secretly very happy! ha.


Out of a class of about 250, about 70 or so classmates showed up. This is a shot of all of us there. I'm in the 2nd row, almost on the very right... can you see me?




This is my driver's ed group. We have so many fun stories from then (mostly about being scared of Chandra's driving! hee). The absolutely funniest, though, was when Chandra was driving, our teacher had his window open. Pete and I were in the back seat, when Chandra passed a trash truck. Right then, an apple core flew out of the truck, through the teachers window, and hit me right in the throat!!! I can't stop laughing even now thinking about it!


Another big group of high school friends...

Another good high school friend, Robin. Through the power of FB and blogs, we've reconnected in the past year, and it's been great! I'm proud to say I've gotten her as addicted to some of my favorite blogs as I am! :) (Hi, Robin!)

Another childhood friend... her mom used to pick me up for school every day in middle school (although we called it Junior High school back then... saying THAT makes me sound old!).


And my absolutely OLDEST (not age... you know what I mean!) friend that I am still friends with... my Ginger (another picture of her here)! We actually both started in a different school district, and were in the same 1st grade class. Then we both moved schools and ended up graduating together as well... we go back actually even BEFORE birth! Our grandmothers were good friends in Southern Missouri, too! And now we go to the same church, and our kids are friends, too. I love longlasting friendships like this!



So, I've been nostalgic this last week, remembering stories from times past. But let's remember: Nostalgic + 20 years = I'M STILL YOUNG, no matter how it sounds!

2 comments:

gillyhappy1 said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I love the colors/layout of your blog:)

granny2five said...

I think I saw you in the group pic. Isn't that you leaning over talking to your neighbor? Some things NEVER change!